Why can't I see pics other than thumbnail photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copester

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I log in and everything but I cant view a larger photo when I click on a thumbnail. Any help as to why?

Do you get an error? Are you in the gallery or on the message board. Are you sure the image is a thumbnail? Sometimes people post small photos simular in size to a thumbnail.

Do you have windows XP? Do you have any kind of popup blocker on your system? When you click on a thumbnail it opens a new window and the image is to appear there. If you have a popup blocker and its set to agressivly then that might be your problem.

I know that when I view the site from work, many of the photos don't show because I'm behind a corporate firewall.. probably not the same thing though

When I put my cursor on a thumbnail, if it is a bigger pic available it will put up the hand, I click and get a new window with this message. You are not authorized to view, download or link to this Site. Oh and I cant see any of the icons on the side, happy etc.
The other day after posting I could see all the pics, but again today I cannot. Anymore ideas. PS this is at home so no firewall.

This might seem like a stuipd question but I need you to look at the address bar on your browser when this is going on. what is the address for the site listed as?

The message you list is a message that is displayed if someone links to an image off this site and posts it on another site. if the site address is not aquariumadvice.com in your URL then you will get this error. Now I know you think im on crack or something because how else can you be on this site and have the domain in your address bar say something else. Well it could be your somehow using an old favorte where your using the wrong domain name.

for example when we moved this site to its new host for a day the address was http://demo.sausagehosting.com/~aquacon/ well that address will still work if you use it but non of the images will show up because that domain is not authroized to link to our images.

The one that maybe on crack I think had it right. I deleted my bookmark and started fresh. I now have all the icons and pics for my viewing pleasure. Yippppppppeeeeeeee!

:uhoh:

Im gald the crack head got you down the correct road.

Welcome back to world of seeing the photos.

Back
Top Bottom