Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-06-2003, 09:51 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Why is this site 1 hour behind?

Now that the clocks have moved forward one hour some of you may notice the post times seem to be 1 hour behind. This is because our message board software does not automatically account for the day light savings and standard time changes.

We can manually compensate for this by changing the time zone on our profile. To do this visit the main page of the site. (Click on the HOME link above). In the top right column you will see a link that says "Update your Profile" click on this and then scroll down till you see the entry for your time zone. What ever your entry is for your local time change it by moving it one hour up.

For example. The list below will show you what the day light savings time settings and standard time settings should be for the US timezones.

Timezone  DLS      Standard
Eastern   GMT -5   GMT -4
Central   GMT -6   GMT -5
Mountain  GMT -7   GMT -6
Pacific   GMT -8   GMT -7
Of course if your area of the country does not observe day light savings time then you don't need to worry about this.

From the above table since I am in the eastern time zone I need to change my time zone setting in my profile from GMT -5 to GMT -4. This change in effect moves my clock forward one hour. All of these times are based upping Grenich Mean Time.

Remember dont tap the glass, your fish will think you're an idiot -Anonymous mother

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 08:12 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Is this site one hour behind, or is fishfreek just getting the extra hour to buy his lottery tickets after the drawings take place. I ask you, is this a conspiracy for fishfreek to upset the o-so-gentle nature of the lottery. You think he could afford all of these quick change decorations (fisubice, fiappleblue, fisubtext, and subsilver) on his salary? How many of you can afford to have your house redecorated for each guest?

Bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 09:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Zack
good point fishfreak......
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com