XML errors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dskidmore

Aquarium Advice Addict
The website works fine at home, but at work I often get XML errors. Often several refreshes of the page will bring it up without errors, but other times I just can't seem to load certian topics. This happened before and after the site upgrade.

Full Text:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error processing resource 'http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=71554&...

<link rel="up" href="viewforum.php?f=10" title="Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral" />

If you add in the time that was spent testing and installing all of the features I have been using the new site for over two months now on multiple PC's with Firefox version 1.0.5, 1.0.6, 1.0.7, 1.5 and 1.5.1 as well as the latest release of IE6 on computers running XP home, XP pro and 2000.

I have seen the XML error but that was well over a year ago on the old site. This error is often the result of the browser your using and how well or how bad it parses XHTML.

I have IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 LIke I said I have seen XML errors on the old site ever since the fisubice style was installed. I might get an XML error occasionally as it would be fairly infreqent. Most of the time a refresh broght the page right up.

I havent seen one in a very long time on my end using both IE and Firefox.

I get the error at work almost constantly, maybe for 25% of the time I try to view a topic, or after I submit a post.

I get the same error on IE 6, firefox and Opera. Very randomly though, and a refresh always brings up the page. Methinks it's something in the banner rotation, simply because of the randomness.

I also get the errors. Womtines a refresh or two will bring up the page, sometimes it takes several minutes. This happens both at work and at home, using IE v6. I haven't had the error yet today.

I have never seen the error using firefox nor do I recall seeing an xml error using the latest IE6. I reported the version I have earlier in this topic.

Back
Top Bottom