XML Errors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
I periodically get the following error when trying to open up various threads. The text of the error is always very similar to this but may very some. Whenever it appears, it tends to start appearing a lot. Sometimes it forces me to give up on reading through the posts since I can't get it to stop.

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource 'http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?p=662126'. Lin...

<link rel="bookmark" href="search.php?search_id=bookmarks&start=0" title="More bookmarks..." />

This is somewhat common for people using Internet Explorer and specific styles on the site. There is no fix except for you to use a different browswer or differnt style. The issue is how IE interprets the style templates. There is no real XML coding error but instead the IE XML interpreter is somewhat in question as ot the qualty of its interpreting.

I'm currently using the default style with IE. Which of the remaining styles don't have this problem?

Try anything that does not start with FI in the name. If your willing to try firefox you will never see that error again regardless of style.

Back
Top Bottom