Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f45/)
-   -   My hippo tang disappeared... (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f45/my-hippo-tang-disappeared-122849.html)

Sharkbait_Ls1 11-03-2009 08:21 PM

My hippo tang disappeared...

recently back I purchased a small hippo tang. maybe an 1" 3/4 in size or so. I've had her for about a month now and she has seemed to act normal. ate normal and swam around just fine. the other fish in the tank got along with her well. If you don't remember I had two clownfish, a foxface fish, purple firefish goby and a searpant starfish. I think it has been since yesterday and I have not seen my hippo tang. I've been home all day and she hasn't came out. Finally gave in to moving my rocks. well I moved 3 that I was able to and I'm able to see almost every spot in my tank. I can't figure out what happened to her. it seems as if she got taken out of the tank. Any ideals?

better mention one of my threads asking about that anemone. Could it have got her so quick as for any trace of her to be gone? It isn't that big either.

divedeep1689 11-03-2009 08:44 PM

wat type of anenome? have you checked your power heads or overflows?

special lighting 11-03-2009 09:20 PM

the filter ate it up problaly thats what happened to mine :(

austinsdad 11-04-2009 07:57 AM

You got hermit crabs? Less than ahandfull of'm can eat a dead 2" fish before you get home from work.

joy13 11-04-2009 08:44 AM

If you have checked around the tank it could jumped. If you have natural live rock with bristle worms they are excellent at cleaning up a dead fish in no time at all.

A friend of mine couldn't find his tomato clown fish for a day and a half. He called me to come get it out of a rock all we could see is the little tip of the red tail. Took us an hour to break the rock without hurting the fish. It is a little scarred up and now has an attitude but is fine.

Jaybird 11-04-2009 03:52 PM

mine hides in crevaces of the live rock to sleep, or just to hide. Even if you move the rock it could still be wedged in there.

austinsdad 11-04-2009 04:05 PM

True 'dat.

Sharkbait_Ls1 11-09-2009 07:11 PM

K so my very large hermit died about a week before my tang dissapeared.. The other was tiny about the size of a dime and I know every crevace the tang slept in. Also we turned every rock and the crevaces in every rock weren't that small. Checked the filter and on the ground. I just don't get it. The anemone is a ball tip. Maybe? Find my thread it's tiny one

special lighting 11-09-2009 08:30 PM

your neighboor stole it lol

Sharkbait_Ls1 11-09-2009 10:57 PM

Honestly Its as if someone did steal it. Not a single sign it ever existed. Now I'm afraid to add anything new to the tank.