Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Help Me Choose A QT Background (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/help-me-choose-a-qt-background-140457.html)

McLumpy 02-09-2011 01:26 AM

Help Me Choose A Background

4 Attachment(s)
After recently purchasing a 10 gallon tank that will be used as a quarantine tank I thought that it would be fun to do something creative.

However, seeing as how substrate and mass amounts of decor/plants/rocks are not recommended for a QT, that leaves very little room for creativity. What I would really like to do is make my fish feel at home, so I decided to go with a unique background.

My problem is I can't decide which background design would look best. I figured I would ask the great people of AA to help me decide on a background.

If you could please take a moment to look through the backgrounds and vote for the one you like the best, that would be great! After the poll closes, I will get the background printed, apply it to the finished QT, and post a pic so that everyone can see the end result.

TIA for everyone's vote and input! :D

Greenmaster 02-09-2011 01:58 AM

I personally would pick one that has no fish, some fish will get stressed by a mirror or a photo of a fish.

McLumpy 02-09-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenmaster (Post 1215523)
I personally would pick one that has no fish, some fish will get stressed by a mirror or a photo of a fish.

Excellent point... I didn't think about that. :oops:

I figured by having fish in the background that would help make the fish in the QT feel more comfortable and not so lonely. But your point makes sense. Thank you for your input! :thumb:

Oh and there are portions of some of the backgrounds that I cropped out that don't include any fish. So if anyone likes the background, but agree that the fish would not be a good idea, I can more than likely recrop it to where the fish are left out.

Wait, what about turtles? The one w/ the turtles is beautiful! I guess I can always crop them out too if that one ends up being the winner. ;)

dudeofrude 02-09-2011 03:15 AM

I'd go for the greenery scene in the bottom left to the second pic, printed to a high quality that pic would add nice depth to a small tank :)

Greenmaster 02-09-2011 03:30 AM

Turtles I believe would be fine. Mostly fish are aggressive to fish that are they same size/type as them that would be competing for food of the same type, or if the fish are larger then they would be stressed about being eaten.

0o.Kelsey.o0 02-10-2011 11:55 PM

I'd go with 5 or 6. The rock background is nice and is not too distracting or busy. I think its harder to see the fish when there is too much going on in the background.

Just.A.Bit.Salty 02-11-2011 12:38 AM

Some reason I really like number 3. Feels like you can enter the tank then walk into the woods lol.

McLumpy 02-13-2011 12:26 AM

Thank you for all your votes and input, guys... keep 'em coming! :thumb:

Btw, I did a test print of #5 yesterday, (in black and white), and the resolution is less than perfect, (similar to some you see in LFS's), but it looked pretty cool behind the tank! :D

mudraker 02-13-2011 12:32 AM

It is nice to get creative, but I would look for something that would optimize the natural color of the fish QT. It would help you identify problems much easier. Just my two cents. :)

McLumpy 02-13-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudraker (Post 1218963)
It is nice to get creative, but I would look for something that would optimize the natural color of the fish QT. It would help you identify problems much easier. Just my two cents. :)

You're a cups-half-empty type of person, aren't ya? :p

Btw, in case anyone is wondering, this background will not be permanently affixed and can be easily removed in a matter of seconds... so keep that in mind when voting. :D