Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Nightmare about new tank (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/nightmare-about-new-tank-172480.html)

kittann 10-03-2011 02:53 PM

Nightmare about new tank

Well this is going to sound quite weird but now that I'm about to get my first saltwater tank set up I'm having nightmares about the front of the tank blowing out when I put water into it.

I have dreams about the glass breaking open and spilling gallons of water & sand and rock out onto my apartment floor. I don't know where this fear is coming from but it's a little bit of a downer on something that I've spent so much time, thought and money on making happen.

I'm just today painting the back of my tank & naturally taking photos so I can do a "first build" thread. It just seems like I'm odd because this should be an exciting time....not nerve wracking time!

Maybe I'm just paranoid or maybe this is a little more common than I think? Dang my over active sub-conscious!

bigbanker 10-03-2011 03:28 PM

;) I thought I was the only one with tank nightmares!! The other day I had one that had all of the fish in my 55 dead... in perfect parameters.

Everything will be okay!

Kio707 10-03-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbanker
;) I thought I was the only one with tank nightmares!! The other day I had one that had all of the fish in my 55 dead... in perfect parameters.

Everything will be okay!

Your nightmare was my true story in my 90g...

bigbanker 10-03-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kio707 (Post 1577260)
Your nightmare was my true story in my 90g...

Stop it!!! You've got to be kidding me.

In mine, they could've been asleep. No fin nips, missing eyes. Nothing but beautifully dead fish.

Unicorn 10-03-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittann
Well this is going to sound quite weird but now that I'm about to get my first saltwater tank set up I'm having nightmares about the front of the tank blowing out when I put water into it.

I have dreams about the glass breaking open and spilling gallons of water & sand and rock out onto my apartment floor. I don't know where this fear is coming from but it's a little bit of a downer on something that I've spent so much time, thought and money on making happen.

I'm just today painting the back of my tank & naturally taking photos so I can do a "first build" thread. It just seems like I'm odd because this should be an exciting time....not nerve wracking time!

Maybe I'm just paranoid or maybe this is a little more common than I think? Dang my over active sub-conscious!

Had the same thing happening in my dreams. And I still sometimes worry.
I think with all the horror-stories we hear sometimes this is a normal reaction. Also, u places so much information about tanks etc in ur brain and thought about it so much, this is ur brains way of digesting it. U'll be fine ;)

Glad I'm not the only one though :b

kittann 10-03-2011 07:00 PM

Thank you guys for letting me know I'm not alone here. Interesting point Unicorn about how much we have tanks on the brain contributing to my nightmares! I feel less crazy now! :)
Maybe now I can chill out and enjoy this much anticipated adventure!

Unicorn 10-03-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittann
Thank you guys for letting me know I'm not alone here. Interesting point Unicorn about how much we have tanks on the brain contributing to my nightmares! I feel less crazy now! :)
Maybe now I can chill out and enjoy this much anticipated adventure!

Please do ;)

I still sometimes imagine hearing things coming from the living room and catch myself running in there just to find my tank as perfect as I left it. I had dreams from crashing, over all dead, to glass shattering. It just shows that we care ;)

Good luck with your tank and don't let the worries get the best of you!

Erikmichael23 10-03-2011 09:55 PM

**** them nightmares!

i3k 10-03-2011 10:23 PM

I've had a few of these dreams where one of my tanks starts to leak, and the fish just start to fly all around the house.

Kio707 10-04-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbanker (Post 1577273)
Stop it!!! You've got to be kidding me.

In mine, they could've been asleep. No fin nips, missing eyes. Nothing but beautifully dead fish.

Yeah, woke up and every morning for 5 days I lost a fish. Tomi kole, yellow tail damsels (3), stary bleenie, one spot foxface, banngi cardinal, pajama cardinal (2), true clown, and platinum clown. Only one who survived was the flame hawkfish. All inverts and RBT survived.