Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Aquaria Off-Topic (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   What Did You do With Your Tank Today? (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f23/what-did-you-do-with-your-tank-today-195155.html)

jwh0818 10-30-2013 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Added the sand and filters to the 75g! X2 aqueon 75 are beast! They are truly monster filters. For sand I went with tahitian white moon sand. I love it
Still pretty cloudy but thank god for precycled media

Fishman007 10-30-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2704393)
Added the sand and filters to the 75g! X2 aqueon 75 are beast! They are truly monster filters. For sand I went with tahitian white moon sand. I love it
Still pretty cloudy but thank god for precycled media

Whats the stock gonna be? What are your current tanks?

jwh0818 10-30-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishman007 (Post 2704396)

Whats the stock gonna be? What are your current tanks?

I have a 20g long, a 36g bowfront, and a 4g evo betta tank. This 75g I wanna stock with an assorted african variety to be honest

Fishman007 10-30-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwh0818 (Post 2704399)

I have a 20g long, a 36g bowfront, and a 4g evo betta tank. This 75g I wanna stock with an assorted african variety to be honest

Oh ok, i thought you had a 125 for some reason lol. Why not go SA cichlids? A giant JD, 2-3 green severums, a pictus catfish or syndontis petricola, and a convict pair or maybe a school of 15-20 T-barbs. Thats what im gonna do when i upgrade from this 20g planted to a 75 for christmas

jwh0818 10-30-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishman007 (Post 2704402)

Oh ok, i thought you had a 125 for some reason lol. Why not go SA cichlids? A giant JD, 2-3 green severums, a pictus catfish or syndontis petricola, and a convict pair or maybe a school of 15-20 T-barbs. Thats what im gonna do when i upgrade from this 20g planted to a 75 for christmas

I like that idea too but im aiming for a very sightly tank. I wanna see colors pop and fly basically

Ayi 10-30-2013 09:45 PM

During a WC I noticed a fin floating around. I saw that my betta had cuts and scrapes and later found out that it was his fin :( I don't think he'll make it because my mom doesn't want to spend any money on medicine and the cuts are pretty bad.
But I did water changes on all tanks. And fertilized the planted one.

Fishlover3578 10-30-2013 10:10 PM

I would put him byhimself and do daily WC on him like if your room temp is warm enough in a 1-2 gal bowl or larger if you can

Ayi 10-30-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 (Post 2704573)
I would put him byhimself and do daily WC on him like if your room temp is warm enough in a 1-2 gal bowl or larger if you can

I would put him in my QT but I have a bunch of yellow lab fry in there. I'll just keep my DT as my main focus.

cmwalters 10-30-2013 10:36 PM

Food, lights, flourish, and lots and lots of staring today. Also discovered my moms 10 gallon has planaria. I know they are harmless, but is there any way to get rid of them that doesn't involve lots of water changes because this tank is still cycling and i don't want to slow the cycle down.

Fishlover3578 10-30-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayi (Post 2704581)

I would put him in my QT but I have a bunch of yellow lab fry in there. I'll just keep my DT as my main focus.

Do you have a bowl or bucket you could use ? And do WC daily


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.