Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Show Off/Photography (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Neecie & Neeko my Axolotls.. (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f19/neecie-and-neeko-my-axolotls-212185.html)

Rubyfox 06-18-2012 03:04 PM

Neecie & Neeko my Axolotls..
 
2 Attachment(s)
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it if it is.:thumb:

Here are my pride & joy, Neecie my Leucistic (she might even be a he :confused:) and Neeko my wild type are now (he might be a she :confused:) are 10 months old and I have had them 6 months and seen them grow so much in that time.


Neeko & Neecie

LyndaB 06-18-2012 03:14 PM

I think these are quite possibly the coolest species you can put in a tank. I just love 'em but have never owned any. Thanks for sharing!

Rubyfox 06-18-2012 03:19 PM

Thank you Lynda;) I think I agree:)

They can be so happy and so moody, they sulk its so funny and are so different from each other. Neeko the wild type is full of fun, always comes to greet me and started to eat from my fingers straight away; where as Neecie is alot more shy and even though she does eat from me she would rather not.

goodyear1981 06-18-2012 05:44 PM

Wow they are awesome I want them :) are they hard to keep I have had my tank for about 2months or so now and still learning the do's and donts

Mumma.of.two 06-18-2012 06:37 PM

Moved to show off/photography.
There is an amphibian section for questions too.
I think they are very cute! I use to have one as a kid and fed him pellets and blood worms out of my hand.

absolutangel04 06-18-2012 06:40 PM

I LOVE these guys! Such cool critters. :) What kind of tank set-up do you have for them?

Rubyfox 06-18-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodyear1981 (Post 1988537)
Wow they are awesome I want them :) are they hard to keep I have had my tank for about 2months or so now and still learning the do's and donts


They are as easy as keeping coldwater fish, mine eat live and frozen bloodworms, earth worms and raw meats eg liver , heart. I have just sold some young ones that I bred from being eggs.:D

Rubyfox 06-18-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two (Post 1988620)
Moved to show off/photography.
There is an amphibian section for questions too.
I think they are very cute! I use to have one as a kid and fed him pellets and blood worms out of my hand.

I love handfeeding mine, it always makes me jump when they grab there food lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by absolutangel04 (Post 1988623)
I LOVE these guys! Such cool critters. :) What kind of tank set-up do you have for them?

At the moment there in a 3ft tank with sand (cant have pebbles as they suck in there food and the gravel too) with just two ornaments as they walk along the bottom they need floor space, but they like to hide in things and lay ontop of things.

Maxkolbe 06-18-2012 06:51 PM

I was thinking about getting one of these but didn't know how to keep the water cool without investing in a chiller. How do you do it? Very cool pets BTW. :)

Rubyfox 06-18-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxkolbe (Post 1988636)
I was thinking about getting one of these but didn't know how to keep the water cool without investing in a chiller. How do you do it? Very cool pets BTW. :)


Thank you, well here in the uk its doesnt get as hot as over there but mine are in the coolest room in the house and its fine for them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.