Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   North East & New England (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   Any good fish shops in ny? (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f114/any-good-fish-shops-in-ny-218804.html)

Ralphie126 08-02-2012 05:09 PM

Any good fish shops in ny?
 
where are any good fish shops in westchester ny or somewhere close that will take in baby fish for store credit?

Convict2161 08-02-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphie126
where are any good fish shops in westchester ny or somewhere close that will take in baby fish for store credit?

VillagePets in Mamaroneck NY(ask for John) Another good one is House of Fins in Greenwhich CT it's about 15 minutes from Port Chester NY right off I-95.

tonedogz 08-02-2012 06:29 PM

Central Ave. south of tuckahoe rd. Maximum Reef Aquatics 914-667-7717

Ralphie126 08-02-2012 06:50 PM

Thanks guys because I have tons of baby convicts about 2 inches and 3 inches and dont have enough space anymore. House of fins wont take them. By the way, Exotic Pet Warehouse in Yonkers NY. DO NOT USE THEM. bad shop all around

Ralphie126 08-02-2012 06:53 PM

I've heard of maximum reef aquatics but they are only saltwater i think. I am going to try village pets, very close to me

Ralphie126 08-02-2012 06:54 PM

Since you guys seem to be fairly close, do you want any baby convicts?

Ralphie126 08-02-2012 06:56 PM

village pets wont take convicts because they are not popular any more. At least they were nice!

tonedogz 08-02-2012 06:58 PM

yeah max reef is only saltwater, sorry

Convict2161 08-02-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphie126
village pets wont take convicts because they are not popular any more. At least they were nice!

You spoke with John recently?

Convict2161 08-02-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphie126
Thanks guys because I have tons of baby convicts about 2 inches and 3 inches and dont have enough space anymore. House of fins wont take them. By the way, Exotic Pet Warehouse in Yonkers NY. DO NOT USE THEM. bad shop all around

I will NEVER go back to that loud mouth ever again. He told me green spotted puffers would work in my tank(mixed African Cichlid tank) he said the puffers may nip at my Africans and too keep an eye out but they should be fine. I stupidly bought the 2 he had and yea.... They lasted I think 10-20 minutes. My Africans beat one up bad stress it to death and the other they tormented and I tried to net it but it went into hiding and died. Worked out well!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.