Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f45/)
-   -   Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts!! (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f45/beengirls-30g-fowlr-starts-222508.html)

Beengirl 08-28-2012 10:44 PM

Beengirl's 30g FOWLR starts!!

Decided that our 8 1/2" fantail goldfish and his 5" friend were too big for the 30g, so he has been re-homed to a friend's pond with a lot of other goldfish. Sad to see him go, but he'll be happier. :)
So, now I'm changing that FW tank to SW!! :)
Scrubbed it out good today, spray painted the back black. Went to store and bought sand, filter, heater, thermometer, and some base rock. Will use some LR I have to seed the base rock. Then I will start cycling . . . Again. Gonna wait and see how water params are before deciding if I wanna add skimmer later.

Beengirl 08-29-2012 02:38 AM

Ok. So paint is dry, water, rock and sand are in. Water is cloudy, of course. Heater's on. And added some ammonia.

My daughter and I have been trying to decide what fish to put in. She wants one clown (of course). Any suggestions?

Mr. D 08-29-2012 03:18 AM

FOWLER.... I'd say flame angel would be a perfect tank boss for that system

Mr. D 08-29-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beengirl
Ok. So paint is dry, water, rock and sand are in. Water is cloudy, of course. Heater's on. And added some ammonia.

My daughter and I have been trying to decide what fish to put in. She wants one clown (of course). Any suggestions?

If you want the clown to run the show. What about a gold strip maroon clown?

Beengirl 08-29-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. D

If you want the clown to run the show. What about a gold strip maroon clown?

Are they very aggressive? I don't want him beating up everyone else. Was hoping to have a "peaceful" tank. The maroon are pretty.

Mr. D 08-29-2012 03:40 AM

Yes, they are the most aggressive clown. They will attack just about anything if threatened in the wild even divers.

What about black&white or mocha clowns then?

Beengirl 08-29-2012 03:56 AM

[QUOTE="Mr. D"]Yes, they are the most aggressive clown. They will attack just about anything if threatened in the wild even divers.

Holy cow!! Don't think I'll be getting a maroon then!! Lol. I have a b/w in my 55. How's the mocha? Don't know anything about them.

Flaxon-Waxon 08-29-2012 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=What about black&white or mocha clowns then?[/QUOTE]

+1! I have 2 mochas! They're awesome...

Beengirl 08-29-2012 06:35 PM

Where did u get your mochas? I've been to all of the SW stores around here many many times, and I've never seen a mocha.

Flaxon-Waxon 08-29-2012 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My LFS had them in stock, QT'd and ready to go... They were my first fish purchase, other than a goby that I acquired with my love rock...

Attachment 115556

Love em, partially because they're not the typical looking clowns. I wanted the black and white domino clowns but they were expensive!