Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Cichlid Discussion (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   Want your opinions on adding to my tank :) (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f100/want-your-opinions-on-adding-to-my-tank-301193.html)

Cichlid.Keeper 03-06-2014 09:36 PM

Want your opinions on adding to my tank :)

Hey guys. This may be the wrong place to ask this but I like this group cause they are very knowledgeable.
Anyway I have a recently started 65 gallon aquarium running for 2 1/2 months now. With African cichlid substrate( thought I was doing Africans)
I had to get rid of my 55g because I was told that my I can't have to giant aquariums next to each other in the living room :/ anyway lol I had to transport the fish and they were:
A full grown red parrot
A small 2 inch Severum(possibly stunted growth from someone messing with my tank by accident)
2 gouramis
6 inch pleco

Texas holy rock/ lots of hiding spots
Ph 7.5.
Eheim pro 3 filter

I can't sell the gouramis. Cause one
Was born with a mutation in its eye and no fish store will accept. So what fish can I put in this aquarium. As I know Africans are not an option :(

Thanks in advance!

FishBoy185 03-06-2014 11:21 PM

Do you think you could post a pic of your tank?

jamesyboy11 03-06-2014 11:34 PM

Is the gouramis all by himself or with other??

Cichlid.Keeper 03-06-2014 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBoy185 (Post 2864426)
Do you think you could post a pic of your tank?

Attachment 226336 here it is

Cichlid.Keeper 03-06-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesyboy11 (Post 2864437)
Is the gouramis all by himself or with other??

The other one bullies him so he hides. He's got beat up bad before but I treated him back to full health.

jamesyboy11 03-07-2014 12:05 AM

Well ive never had gouramis before, but oscars are friendly and ive had lots of succses with them with other fish, as long as they are simler sizes, you might be able to have knifefish as they are pretty docile, you could also probably put in blood parrots as long as simler sizes, do NOT put in any green terrors or jack dempseys as they are extremely aggresive.
Hope my advice helps
Cheers.

Cichlid.Keeper 03-07-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesyboy11 (Post 2864469)
Well ive never had gouramis before, but oscars are friendly and ive had lots of succses with them with other fish, as long as they are simler sizes, you might be able to have knifefish as they are pretty docile, you could also probably put in blood parrots as long as simler sizes, do NOT put in any green terrors or jack dempseys as they are extremely aggresive.
Hope my advice helps
Cheers.

Parrots this size go for around 70$ a piece. The smaller ones are 20$! So I can't afford the big ones for sure and anything else to offer?

jamesyboy11 03-07-2014 12:15 AM

Try more hiding places, it help ruduce agression, and get a small parrot, and keep him on a high protein diet, it helps them grow faster, so maybe if he gets bigger he can go in with your bigger fish, but lots of caves, logs or rocks help alot:)

jamesyboy11 03-07-2014 12:16 AM

If both of them get bigger they can go in your other tank

Rivers2k 03-07-2014 09:10 AM

You are fully stocked. Severum require a 55 to themselves. I doubt your sev is stunted just by someone messing with the tank, it should be fine. It is probably just growing slowly. Stunting comes from a long duration of poor quality of living.