Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin & Announcements (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/)
-   -   Could we please have a discus section? (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f9/could-we-please-have-a-discus-section-337676.html)

ExoticAquarist 06-26-2015 05:26 PM

Could we please have a discus section?

Hi AA, I was just wondering how many of you would like to have a discus section under the freshwater tab. I think discus are a topic vast enough in itself to have its own page. Discus nearly dominate the cichlid discussion tab... Who else is with me?

Sent via TIE Fighter

sinibotia 06-26-2015 05:47 PM

Ehhh, I'm gonna say no. Discus are pretty major, but not that major. (I say that even as a scientist doing research on discus)

Here's an idea I would support: Separate the cichlid section into south american and african. Maybe two separate forums, or maybe subforums within the cichlid forum. Maybe even a discus subforum, but discus shouldn't have their own forum.

ExoticAquarist 06-26-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinibotia (Post 3240525)
Ehhh, I'm gonna say no. Discus are pretty major, but not that major. (I say that even as a scientist doing research on discus)

Here's an idea I would support: Separate the cichlid section into south american and african. Maybe two separate forums, or maybe subforums within the cichlid forum. Maybe even a discus subforum, but discus shouldn't have their own forum.

Yeah, I agree. Sometimes you just have an idea and don't think it over before posting it. I think that African and South American sub forums are a great idea though.

Sent via TIE Fighter

Brookster123 06-26-2015 06:31 PM

Nope... simplydiscus.com is cool right??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ExoticAquarist 06-26-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brookster123 (Post 3240569)

Love that website...

Sent via TIE Fighter

sinibotia 06-26-2015 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brookster123 (Post 3240569)

I'm afraid to go on there; discus fans are... passionate, and I don't think I could take it if they tore my project apart :lol:

PoppaRyno 06-26-2015 07:08 PM

Simplydiscus is where i started for info when i first was breeding them. But honestly find the asian forums and translate through adobe. Talk about a ton of info..... Info they dont even wamt us newb westerners knowing. Its a lifestyle over there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

mikem691 06-27-2015 09:15 PM

LOL Been just trying to get them to separate the Africans and Sa/Ca's for 3 years now and your asking for a discus only section. I agree it would be nice but I think there is a chance for advertisements being seen less due to less traffic in the split up sections.

PoppaRyno 06-27-2015 10:41 PM

I like the idea of a seperation of african central and south anerican cichlids. Each deserves a section.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

zer0signal 06-29-2015 01:03 PM

Here! Here! Separate Sections SA and African