Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   Saltwater Reef Aquaria (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Two tangs in my 75 gallon? (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/two-tangs-in-my-75-gallon-75873.html)

kmgriff72 05-10-2006 04:27 PM

Two tangs in my 75 gallon?

Speaking of tangs, I want to get a yellow tang and maybe a blue tang. My question is, I have a 75 gallon tank, can I put 2 tangs in the tank. Other than fighting is this going to be enough room for 2?

My future fish before the tang hope to include:

3 chromis
2 FP clowns
1 lawnmower blenny
1 purple firefish or bi-colored blenny
or possibly a long-horned cowfish instead of the above firefish/blenny
1 yellow tang
1 blue tang

I can sale the chromis if needed. I just got them to make sure that something lived before putting in something expensive like last time.

ryguy 05-10-2006 06:46 PM

two tangs in a tank that small is not advised.

BillyZ 05-11-2006 01:41 PM

(split this in to it's own topic)

austinsdad 05-11-2006 01:51 PM

Also whichever one you decide on, put'm in last. They can get kinda territorial with new additions.

kmgriff72 05-11-2006 01:56 PM

Yes, I know they are very territorial. I also have not had my tank long and need to wait much longer before adding in a tang. I was just curious and looking into my future. I will probably get a yellow since they seem to be the most hardiest. Besides the tang, does my list of future fish above seem to be ok or is it too much of a bioload?

Reese 05-11-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmgriff72
Besides the tang, does my list of future fish above seem to be ok or is it too much of a bioload?

It looks sensible to me. I thought about adding another tang to a 75 but decided against it. I have a good sized yellow tang now and thought about a regal blue but I'd hate to see it harassed by my favorite fish. Also, some think that a 75 isn't adequate enough for a hippo and while that's debatable, you're really pushing it doing two tangs in a 75. I opted to go with a flame angel instead and I'm happy that I did. After only one day of the tang "explaining" to the angel where his favorite cave is, everyone gets along fine...

kmgriff72 05-11-2006 03:16 PM

That's funny..... I know I am a long way off for a tang however that doesn't stop me slobbering all over them at the LFS.....lol. Thanks for the advice.

Reese 05-11-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

That's funny..... I know I am a long way off for a tang however that doesn't stop me slobbering all over them at the LFS.....lol. Thanks for the advice.

I completely understand. Every time I see a nice Powder Blue or Blonde Naso, thoughts like, "if I just take out that wall I could easily fit a 200 gallon tank in my dining room"...

kmgriff72 05-11-2006 03:53 PM

I know what you mean. I never would have thought I would become this obsessed over fish....lol.

hackteck 05-11-2006 05:09 PM

Quote:

I know what you mean. I never would have thought I would become this obsessed over fish....lol.

i think thats what we all thought :lol: