Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/)
-   General Hardware/Equipment Discussion (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/)
-   -   Top Fin vs. All Glass vs. Oceanic (http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f60/top-fin-vs-all-glass-vs-oceanic-80246.html)

Alshain 07-21-2006 11:34 PM

Top Fin vs. All Glass vs. Oceanic

Ok, so I went into the next city to browse the pet stores. Here is the breakdown of the two cities.

Petco: All Glass $110
Petsmart: Top Fin $120
Petland: Oceanic $150

So, Oceanic is out of the question. Of the other two, is one of them better than the other? Any recommendations? Keep in mind Petco is an hour and a half trip to get it home so if there is no big difference, the $10 is probably worth it.

rich311k 07-21-2006 11:41 PM

All of my tanks are all-glass, but I think that all 3 brands make quality tanks. You wont go wrong with any of them. I have never seen a thread anywhere saying any of those brands made an inferior fish tank.

joannde 07-21-2006 11:41 PM

is that just a tank ? or a complete set up ? what's included ?

JustOneMore20 07-21-2006 11:42 PM

All-Glass is a good brand. Its also well known. Top Fin is Petsmart's brand. They have pretty good tanks. I have a Top-Fin 29g and have never had any problems.

Personally I'd go with the All-Glass just because they are a good brand.

SCFatz 07-21-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

I have a Top-Fin 29g and have never had any problems.
Same here...no complaints.

Blazeherd2306 07-21-2006 11:50 PM

All my tanks are all-glass and I have no complaints. But from what I've heard, Oceanic is the best as far as quality.

07-21-2006 11:59 PM

Oceanic owns All-Glass and wouldn't surprise me if they were made in the same factory. Myself I've used all-glass almost exclusively with no problems. Never really had a need to get into a custom designed aquarium that oceanic says they do for customers

Pleco 07-22-2006 12:02 AM

I have a All-Glass 40 Gallon tank with an Eclipse filter/lighting integrated hood and i love it :)

I wanted All-Glass as ive had nothing but great tanks from them.

-Pleco

07-22-2006 12:40 AM

I have always bought All-Glass and NEVER had a leak or problem. Because of this I will probably always stay with them. Just MO

Alshain 07-22-2006 01:09 AM

To answer the question, that is a tank with 2 24" lighting fixtures/hoods that would give about 80 T8 Watts total on a 55 gallon for the all-glass, I think thats the one I'm going for because I realized that the Top-Fin has black silicone and as a personal preference, I just don't like that. I want black trim with clear silicone and I don't want to have to reseal a brand new tank :P Also I think the Top-Fin light fixtures have a LOT less light capacity. I would rather have something a bit stronger so I could grow high light plants but I may just settle for what I can get. I will always have the option of replacing/retrofiting the fixtures later.