0 or .25?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chels10117

Aquarium Advice Freak
Decided to make a new thread since this is about my ammonia not pH.

I'm uploading a pic can you guys tell me if this is 0 or .25. Thanks! :) My nitrite is 0. Nitrate is .5

:thanks:

By the way, my pH is lowering itself without any intervention and is now reading 8.0!

Attachments

• 11356107_841240725951568_283376427_n.jpg
    11356107_841240725951568_283376427_n.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 95
If you hold the test tube about an inch away from a white sheet of paper you can see the colour better. I never hold it against the chart as shadows and reflections of the chart affect how your eyes perceive the colour. Zero ammonia is so distinctively yellow and any lime/green is heading towards 0.25. From your photo it looks somewhere between 0 and 0.25. I do the same for nitrates as 5, 10 and 20 are hard to distinguish, and in the case of nitrates any hint of red is a warning sign. Hope that is of some help.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ZERO!!!!
Relax and enjoy!
I always test the same way.
The same lights on,
the same everything.
If I am not correct( so hard to say or even contemplate!):nono:
at least I can accurately COMPARE.(y)
If it is always the same (without issues) then all good IMO.

One thing I like to do when I test my water is do two tests. One with tank water and one with pure RO water and then compare the two. The RO water will not have ammonia so any difference between the two will point to ammonia. Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom