1" of foam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RABENA

Aquarium Advice Freak
im doing everything Right but now all of sudden. I put a new filter cartridge in and its foaming up it looks like a perfect beer foam. so I panicked and put the old cart. back in
the frogs are having a hard time sticking their heads above it you could only see their eyes
now what is happening do I have to do a large w/c

did I ruin the cycle because I changed the filter. it was over flowing so I changed it

cycling is a ***** !!!!!

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

okay now foam is slowly going away with old cartridge back in tank
I'm not touching that tank til it is clear. from now on water changes and feeding only. I've been putting the frozen cubes in the tank.. can that have anything to do with it foaming

frozen bloodworms

they loved the live crickets they were chasing them all around the tank they caught them and ate them

any fish experts up this late do I have to do w/c

I'm not sure why it would foam unless there was a contaminant on the filter cartridge that didn't get washed off properly.

As for changing the cartridge, don't bother. You only ever need to change them when they are literally falling apart so maybe once yearly.

how about when the water starts pouring out the over spout ;meaning its blocked by gunk

next pay I have to buy the test kit they are like 40 bucks

how about when the water starts pouring out the over spout ;meaning its blocked by gunk

Just rinse it out in some tank water during a water change or treat a bucket of water with Prime (or the conditioner of your choice) and rinse the cartridge out in that. Then put it back in your filter. You'll clean off the gunk without killing the bacteria resident in the cartridge.

DOES PRIME(SEACHEM) EXPIRE

shelf life more then 2yrs

Back
Top Bottom