10 g nano reef coral help plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dalton0608

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 10g tank established with 1 longnose butterfly and now i'm trying to add a couple frags could anybody help me out on what would do the best in my tank

That fish needs a much larger tank- 6 footer at least.A 10g tank is way too small for that fish. I'd return him asap to your LFS.

Plus butterflies are notoriously hard to keep and eat certain corals. Definitely return him. Coral wise what type of lighting do you have? Until you rehome the butterfly I wouldn't add any corals.

well what fish would you recomend also. As far as lighting i have 4 8" 10 watt coralife 50/50 bulbs. I'm waiting on my LED rope to come in the mail, I plan to put that under the inner rim of the tank

Agree, that butterfly needs a bigger home ASAP, they are also advanced care fish and not reef safe. Check out live aquaria.com in the nano section, you can select tank size in the menu on the side for fish suitable for your tank, their personality and whether they are reef safe or not. Only 2 or maybe 3 small fish will work for you. You will also need better lighting if you want to keep corals but you could try mushroom or zoas in the meantime...

Gobies are great for a 10. A royal gramma soul probably work as well.

thanks for the help guys. I was steered in the wrong direction with the butterflyfish purchase by my LFS so that will be taken in and traded ASAP.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom