10 gal breeding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all, I wanted to try breeding again. I have a spare ten gal and was wondering what could be successfully bred in it. I have a breeder cage to float in there if necessary so I just want to explore my options. Thanks :)

Okay cool thanks. Quick question. I saw a male and a female gbr at petsmart and I kinda fell in love... They're still juvies but do you think they could happily live in a ten gal? :)

Can I really get two GBRs in a ten? God that would be awesome.

Personally I wouldn't. I would try for a 20g to breed them. Rams are sensitive and with it being a larger fish in a smaller tank toxins will build up quickly and I would be to afraid of the toxins getting out of hand and t affecting the rams.

Well all I have is a ten and I have too many tanks/pets as it is... A 20 would only be 20 bucks at petco though... Gosh these decisions are so hard

You could do livebearers, corydoras, tetras, barbs, shrimp and snails, apistogrammas. I wouldn't put GBR full term in there though. Maybe just for a spawn but that's it.

Hmm alright. Fair enough. Are cories easy to breed? I love cories. Maybe I could do cories and platies or something?

I have corys and platy's.. they live perfectly happily together and I currently have 2 pregnant platy's and 1 gravid cory :)

people use 10s for angelfish EGGS. and some livebearers(ie, molly, swordtail)are too big for a 10. and i personally wouldnt do GBR's in a 10.oh, and what are you planning on doing with the babies? always have a plan.

Right I forgot about the plan... I could either... Put them in bigger tank when ready or sell them on here or to a lfs maybe.

Back
Top Bottom