10 gal planted rebuild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fruitbythefoote

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About 2 weeks ago I started my first planted tank (5.5g) and I had planned to use the plants grown within as seeding material for this tank in the long run. However, my hood broke and today I got a free upgrade to a hood that has a 15 watt fluorescent tube. I figured, why let this new bulb go to waste?

Its already stocked (although I may have a little more room)
6 neon tetra
1 betta
2 ghost shrimp
1 nerite snail

I have left over fluorite max, and I'm thinking of pushing a lot of the existing gravel into a mound and then give it a natural looking bed. I'll be drafting images in the near future.

I'm also looking into getting a branchy piece of DW and then I need a plant list! (Honestly, low light sturdy plants are the best suggestions because still scared of killing... everything hah)

Ideas?

I'm following. Looking forward to the build.
Look at the different leaf shaped Anubias. They can be mixed beautifully. El Nino and Java Fern. There are some cool looking small Crypts that could do well too. Also there a dwarf lily used in small tanks. For plant research, go to www.extraplant.com, www.plantedaquariumcentral.com, and www.tropica.com. There are many others too.
Good luck. If you find a single plant species you want to ask about, just post your question in here. OS.

Back
Top Bottom