10 gal trying aqua clear 30 filter sw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andrew.dias92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok I had a 5 gallon nano with one of these hang off aqua clears but I'm just wondering if anyone has tips about what I should use from the foam filter, carbon pack and bio max rocks that and it's a ten gallon tank in bout the up to 30 gallon aqua clear do I need a protein skimmer or canister filter and how do those things work ?! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406165326.584189.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I run an ac30 on my 10 too and I don't use any of the stock media. Purigen and phosgaurd for my chemical media and polyfil from Walmart as filter floss for mechanical.

Whoa I mean bro thanks you for you help but I didn't understand any of the lingo I'm kinda lost still pretty new

Purigen and phosgaurd are like the carbon (black bag) but better for sw. Polyfil is pillow stuffing from Walmart that I use instead of the sponge, $9 will get you enough for a year plus and I just throw it out during my weekly water change. The bio pellets are for fw, the rock in your tank will act as your bio filtration in sw.

I hear you can put live rock in the filter and the sponge is no good ?

And you named 2 types of carbons wich one should I use and with this filter and heater do I need a canister filter or pro skimmer?

Back
Top Bottom