10 gallon Harlequin rasbora tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10g is too small for these fish...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lovely tank, and personally it's opinion really. I belive IMHO that neons, flames, and Harlequins like these are fine

The daminos that are in there are to big I'll be putting those in my 30g tank. But the rasboras are happy I have 6 in there and they love the rocks and bubbles.

Its a minimum recommendation. You can also like in a tiny room and survive, doesn't mean its a good place to live.

The fish don't have a chance to leave and go outside like you can though.

A 10 is fine for 6 hr's.. it's just keeping up on wc's and maintanence that gets tough on a small tank.. I have a pair if panduros in a 10, they're doing the spawn dance as I type this.. Hmmm I guess life can't be that bad or else they'd probably refrain...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They will still spawn in a closet. Doesn't mean they have enough room to swim and enjoy. But what do I know.

You mean everyone must agree with what you do and say or else they are a troll? Nice.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here peoples.. if you want to get technical, we pull these fish from millions of gallons, a 1000 gallon would be a closet, a 10 would be more like a shoebox in the closet, but hey.. as long as they're healthy and seemingly happy... this is supposed to be fun..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its a minimum recommendation. You can also like in a tiny room and survive, doesn't mean its a good place to live.

The fish don't have a chance to leave and go outside like you can though.

The minimal tank recommendations are well thought out according to activity level and fish size. There are very few out there that I disagree with and this isn't one of them. Having a school of 10 harlequin rasbora myself, I don't find them nearly active enough to warrant needing a tank larger than 10 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom