10g Aquascape Take Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWerner13

Aquarium Advice Freak
img2114.jpg

This is my 10 gallon tank. This is my first attempt at a planted tank and I am slowly learning. I have Eco-Complete Substrate in there right now. I also have a medium sized gravel but I'm slowly trying to get rid of it because I think it is inhibiting the growth of the grass. I have a DIY CO2 right now hooked up to the filter intake. I don't have a fert dosing schedule yet, but when I get the cash to pick up my ferts I'm planning on doing the EI system. I have a 40 watt CF 6700/10000 Current USA light over it now. I would like to get some more hair grass growing along that line if I can. Any suggestions to get it going strong? Also any comments or suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Looks good. post bigger pics!
E-mail me the originals and I'll put them up for you.

After looking around I think the grass might be Micro Sword is that correct?

I am not sure it is microsword. Lilaeopsis brasiliensis I think grows more compact than that, and grows in longer runners rather than tufts.

Of course I (and my LFS) could be wrong, and I could have just mis-id'd the stuff I put in my 5 gal tank.

I think you are right. Brazilian Micro Sword is the common name for Lilaeopsis brasiliensis.

With 40 watts over a 10 gallon aquarium, you've got approximately medium light. Once you get the fertilization going that will help the grassy plant to grow better but without high light you may not be able to get a dense mat.

Thanks Purr, I plan on getting ferts later this week and I will see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom