10g planted with fish and snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like your on top of it.

Here is fred. My crown tail beta in the 10 gallon. Sorry I need to clean the outside of the glass... I get so caught up in the inside stuff... forget the outside sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1476152890679.jpg
    1476152890679.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 49
This was my 10g
Sand substrate
Liquid Ferts
Excel
No injected CO
Basic mini CFL bulbs
IMG_2007.jpg

You can get away with a lot in a 10g because light doesn't have to travel far.

I use an $8 timer on mine.

One thing to note, really take your time measuring Flourish Excel because you can overdose easily and melt your plants. Also, there are a lot of videos on youtube explaining how to make affordable CO2 systems! Some people have made them in under 30 dollars.

One thing to note, really take your time measuring Flourish Excel because you can overdose easily and melt your plants. Also, there are a lot of videos on youtube explaining how to make affordable CO2 systems! Some people have made them in under 30 dollars.

I disagree about the excel statement. It's been proven by many on this forum that your tank can take 2-3 times the recommended dose very easily.

Abit of extra carbon won't hurt anything

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

I agree extra ok. Unless its vals or something sensitive I dose 1.5 x daily

Thank you! Thats very informative! Ill look on you tube to see about a system. Just see how its done. I get tired of dosing the tanks everyday. And wben i set up the 20g tank id like it to be as maintenance free as possible. Im researching how to balance the eco system as well as can be expected in a 20g space.

Oh and got my plants in the 10g the way i think i want them for now. Will have to wait for the plants to take off growing to see if i need to change anything. Pic taken at feeding time. 20161014_223826.jpg

Ok so recently i noticed some algae on the banana plant/lilly thing. But today... the tubers look like something carved them with a knife! Almost as if they were trying to peel it! And its tubers have turned kinda brown. Is this snail or fish damage? Is there some dusease these plabts get that will do this to these plants? What the heck is gling on here? Ive tried to look up different articles on banana plants but can find nothing close to this. What should i do to help thus plant? Has this happened to anyone elses banana plant? 20161016_231237.jpg

20161016_231237.jpg here is a picture if what im talking about. Help please. I cant find much about these types of problems.

Back
Top Bottom