110 gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tangs27

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! I posted something about this awhile back but got no responses. Hopefully someone can help me out a little.

My lights on my tank went out so I decided to replace them using a track light mounted to the tank.

I bought the Cree 40 watt daylight LEDs from Home Depot because I wanted to add live plants and heard good things about these lights. We hooked everything up and the tank looks yellow but the light is a cool white. They are 5000k.

Is it the light causing this? I have a natural looking gravel and my bf thinks that it might be causing it to look like that to me because he doesn't really "see" what I'm talking about.

Thanks! And sorry it's so long.

Hi! I posted something about this awhile back but got no responses. Hopefully someone can help me out a little.

My lights on my tank went out so I decided to replace them using a track light mounted to the tank.

I bought the Cree 40 watt daylight LEDs from Home Depot because I wanted to add live plants and heard good things about these lights. We hooked everything up and the tank looks yellow but the light is a cool white. They are 5000k.

Is it the light causing this? I have a natural looking gravel and my bf thinks that it might be causing it to look like that to me because he doesn't really "see" what I'm talking about.

Thanks! And sorry it's so long.

I think it's your light. I think a 6500k will look more natural. The sun light is actually around 6300k . So 6500k is pretty close to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response! I thought it might be that but I can't find those kind of bulbs with 6500k. We also looked at the CFL bulbs as well, I believe they had 6500k rating would those be sufficient for plants?

Thanks for the response! I thought it might be that but I can't find those kind of bulbs with 6500k. We also looked at the CFL bulbs as well, I believe they had 6500k rating would those be sufficient for plants?

With the t8 cfl light, you can grow low light plants such as anubias, crypts, swords etc. and you don't need to use co2 but adding some liquid co2 helps with the plant growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom