1st Baby Platy Succes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my first time breeding and raising platies... I moved my biggest platy fry from my 10g nursery into my 20g growout tank... He/she immediately flocked to my two adults.

I melted with this pic...

Meringue (male, biggest), Cookie (female), & little no name fry :)
Fry is of no relation to these two adults... His mom was Trixie.
Fry is 11 wks old...

View attachment 84094

ocminpin said:
This is my first time breeding and raising platies... I moved my biggest platy fry from my 10g nursery into my 20g growout tank... He/she immediately flocked to my two adults.

I melted with this pic...

Meringue (male, biggest), Cookie (female), & little no name fry :)
Fry is of no relation to these two adults... His mom was Trixie.
Fry is 11 wks old...

How cute!

Starka said:
How cute!

Thank you :) The little one has been flitting around the tank ever since I put it in... It's soooo cute with such dark markings.. Should have a burst of growth in the next month being in the bigger tank. The lights make it look brighter too with the T8 as opposed to the standard hood lights on the 10g.
If it's a female I want to keep it... We'll see when it's a bit older. I'm so excited for the little thing :)
There are 7 more in the 10g, but they are so much smaller... Platies grow sooooo much slower than my mollies!

In my 55 I have a sunburst wag platy fry who I have named skeppy. I name her this because around her eyes are a small black lines like skepticals lol

awww so cute! I have one little baby platy fry in my 20g and I know what you mean - he/she is so small. I just love him/her. I named it Lucky since it was the only one to survive. I plan on getting another set -m/f so they can make more. the only thing I can't decide is what colors I want. I currently have an orange mm - what all do you have. obviously twin bars... any others?

HeatherW said:
awww so cute! I have one little baby platy fry in my 20g and I know what you mean - he/she is so small. I just love him/her. I named it Lucky since it was the only one to survive. I plan on getting another set -m/f so they can make more. the only thing I can't decide is what colors I want. I currently have an orange mm - what all do you have. obviously twin bars... any others?

I originally only had my male... I got him in my very first batch of fish along with my tank my first night of fish shopping... Came home with 10 various fish for a 10g... Needless to say due to the obvious reason as well as other illness from fish store he was the only one to survive.
My other mollies I have now I got in my second week of fishkeeping... Because of you guys on AA they are still alive! :)
I had so many mollies my platy was all alone so I got him a female at Christmas. (this babies mother). She unfortunately passed away 2 days ago... And I got cute petite little "Cookie". Just moved this little one...
I officially have 2 platies.. Just the twin bars... Pending this one being a female! I may have 3.
In the future I'd love to have Blue Mickey Mouse! Blue is my favorite color :) and Disneyland is a whole 2 miles away

Bubbles0oO said:
In my 55 I have a sunburst wag platy fry who I have named skeppy. I name her this because around her eyes are a small black lines like skepticals lol

How cute! I love creative names :)

I also have a Molly fry that looks like someone spilled pepper on her so her name is pepper lol

Back
Top Bottom