1st growth on my newly added live rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineBoy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have added my first substantial of live rock to my tank today and found 'hopefully' good growth. Its my first bit of life in my tank so I'm very excited!

It is a small flower like growth which has a dark cents with two prongs in it. The outer edge of the flower is a light purple and it wafts in the current of the water. It occasionally jumps back into its hole in the live rock if I move too quickly or get to close to it! Its seems very aware I'm there even though I'm not touching the tank in anyway?

Any help is much appreciated and anticipated!

Cheers

A picture would help! Kind of sounds like you're describing a feather duster, but the "jumps back into its hole" and the "two prongs" is confusing me. But without a picture we're all just guessing!

I have searched all of your results on the web and i growth does appear to be a feather duster but does have a slightly different center but i imagine its just a different variety of FD.

I imagine this is a harmless growth as it seems very shy and hides away when it sences movement etc

Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom