2.5 ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have two 2.5g tanks that aren't being used at the moment and would like some ideas. Preferably plants and shrimp 2.5 in my opinion is too small for a fish.

Keep calm and drum on

Snowball shrimp... They're neocaridina so relatively easy to care for and different from your average shrimp tank which has cherrys.

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Would you recommend any plants? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440356511.778598.jpg
One tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440356539.657960.jpg
Other tank

I would also not like to do them both the same so any suggestions for the other tank?

Keep calm and drum on

All depends on the lighting for what I 'd plant. I would say the other 2.5 gallon for a dwarf puffer or maybe scarlet basis but if you don't want fish maybe some type of frog I guess?( I do not know anything about frogs).if you do a shrimp tank I reccomend some type of moss peacock and Java work great and Marino moss balls. Anubias is great for any low tech tank also.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

For lighting I have a small strip of led and if needed I can move it to my desk with full sun from dawn till noon. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440357238.088934.jpg
And I can get another strand like that for the other tank if needed

Keep calm and drum on

Shrimp or a Betta.

Anubias and Java Fern. Foolproof plants that always work with a light.

Caleb

Shrimp or a Betta.

Anubias and Java Fern. Foolproof plants that always work with a light.

Caleb

A betta is a no as there was one in there and it seemed cramped. If I where to do a fish it would have to be small around the size of a paltry or a little bigger

Keep calm and drum on

This is my 2.5g (sorry, the plants are a bit messy at the moment. Has dwarf amber barbs, red rili shrimp, and a bumblebee nerite. I run a sponge filter and desk lamp.

img_3269679_0_1b3a012ef527c975f695a18729d8ade5.jpg

So I was searching my lfs for some plants for a 10g I'm working on and I came across a crown tail betta and fell in love with the guy. So I got some Anubis and wisteria all I need is something to eat algae. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440542416.959865.jpg it looks like the wisteria has black hair algae on it

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom