2.5 planted tank lighting and substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannibal the Bichir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
Thanks for the posts on my other thread, I'll reply to that as soon as my modem gets replaced. Anyway, 2.5 gallon planted tanks seem to be the hot topic around here. I know that desk lamps work well for these setups, but I'm looking for a sleek, low profile light that will fit across the top of a standard 2.5 gallon. The wattage would be around 2 per gallon, so roughly 5 or so watts. Just not enough to need co2 injections, that will be tried after the initial setup. Also, substrate would be layered with the fluorite by I think it was seachem, Eco complete, and blacks sand. Clay was supposed to be beneficial s for the rooted plants, but I did not know if it was needed with the fluorite and Eco complete. Thanks and I will reply as soon as I have stable Internet.
Happy holidays

I am currently working on a 2.5 gallon myself, and im looking at the finnex fugeray. Its 12" long, so it fits perfectly. It has a total of 5 watts. It has 44 white, and 5 blue LED's i believe. It also has moonlights.
Bevoholic currently has one, and i believe she likes it.
Dont quote me on this, but i believe its medium to high lighting.
With a good substrate, good light, and c02, or some fertalizers, you should be good.

Thank you gman,
That is exactly what I was looking for. Yah, it seems to be a really fun project. Good luck with yours!

I am currently working on a 2.5 gallon myself, and im looking at the finnex fugeray. Its 12" long, so it fits perfectly. It has a total of 5 watts. It has 44 white, and 5 blue LED's i believe. It also has moonlights.
Bevoholic currently has one, and i believe she likes it.
Dont quote me on this, but i believe its medium to high lighting.
With a good substrate, good light, and c02, or some fertalizers, you should be good.

I do have one and I love it. I couldn't recommend it more, but....I'm a he. :p

Sorry bour that lol. I thought ur name was Bev, i kind of based it off of ur name lol.

I just ordered the lighting system, fluorite, ecocomplete, palm filter, and hydro mini heater. That was a blow to my budget, costing me $110. Because of that, I really hope co2 is not needed with that lighting system. If it is are there cheap ways, because my last $30 is for plants and rcs.

Okay, with $8 to my name I think I can buy some hair grass :). I did google the DIY co2, but I see that many people can't regulate it properly. I saw gman said co2 or ferts. Would ferts substitute for co2.?

Back
Top Bottom