2.5g picoreef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all new to this forum and I thought I'd show you my picoreef it was a Christmas gift, I'm also wondering if red leg crabs exit their shell when molting ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423069775.817614.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423069795.684589.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423069815.401349.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423069848.650691.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423069884.915911.jpgalso this frogspawn has been like this for a couple of weeks should I worry?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, hermits will dump the shell when molting. They are growing and will most likely need a larger home as well.
In terms of the frogspawn, I've never seen one end up looking like that...has there been any changes recently before it started such?

Oh well I thought he was dead so I took his shell out and got a peppermint shrimp and I'm pretty sure it killed the crab :/ and no the biggest change is the peppermint shrimp and weekly 25% water change, it was looking normal when I first got it then it spilt like that, it has two mouths now and that bubble separates them,my toadstool/leather I'm not sure of the name but it has been molting for about a week and the it's splitting into two stalks I'm hoping that's what the frogspawn is doing but it's been weeks

I have two freshwater tanks but saltwater bewilders me !!!

Oh well I thought he was dead so I took his shell out and got a peppermint shrimp and I'm pretty sure it killed the crab :/ and no the biggest change is the peppermint shrimp and weekly 25% water change, it was looking normal when I first got it then it spilt like that, it has two mouths now and that bubble separates them,my toadstool/leather I'm not sure of the name but it has been molting for about a week and the it's splitting into two stalks I'm hoping that's what the frogspawn is doing but it's been weeks

the shrimp couldnt have killed the crab. anymore shells in there? hes likely in another shell or died during molting. Frogspawn have to seperate and build a skeleton when they split. i dont think it looks to happy though. are you using a reef grade salt?

I get all my water from a Lfs that pre mixes the water and that pic he was a lil aggravated I just got home after the lights have been on I'll post another , I came home and the peppermint shrimp has molted only after 2 days in my picoreef !!! Wow and I never saw any thing from the crab till I put in the peppy and then I saw red legs :(ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423087674.532708.jpg time to remove this lol I saw it and got so sad then I saw him scurry out!

And I can deffintaly see the Skelton of the frogspawn so cool!!!

Also do turbo snail reproduce? I have two and have seen 3 baby snails

RImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423088019.098541.jpg this is a photo with the blob in view and after the tentacles released still seem unhappy??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom