2 blue hippo tang die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeruvalcaba

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I purchase 2 blue hippo tang about 3/4 in. Big and they both die I got them about 2-3 months from eah other the first one die after a week b second one after 4 days. Any body knows or has an idea why??

The little small tang are very suseptible to parasites and disease. How long has the tank been up? What are the water test results? What size tank? Were they eating and what?

There is no tang species suitable for a nano tank. Even small ones. A hippo will stress out and catch ICH with few exceptions in this environment, no matter it's size.

My tank is a 10 glls reef! And the water parameter are perfect and its been set up for 2 months! Fully cycled !! And it was earting brine shrimp'. I guess it got stressed out cause i kind of saw some ich on it!! After dead!

10 gallons is a nano to me, sorry. My advice stands, the tangs died as a result of stress. The stress was caused by lack of a suitable environment. Not trying to be harsh, but this was the cause.

NP i've figured ! It was tge cause can my 40 gallon be a good evitent for a tang ??

I am sorry, but I can't recommend that. Hippo tangs grow fast and get up to 10-12" in size. They are very prone to stress and then ICH. Wait until you have a long tank for them to swim, as they are worth waiting for.

Is the 40g tank the one that has the two clowns and anemone? If so, you are already close to being overstocked. Maybe I am mixing threads?

Back
Top Bottom