2 filters.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickiminaj lover

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought another filter because I thought my other was broken. But they both work. Can I put 2 filters in a 29 gallon fresh water tank and it be fine? Aqueon 20 and ones a 30 they both are made for 29 gallon.

Yeah it's fine. What fish do you have? Some are sensitive to current, but if they were ok with the 20, they will be fine with the 30:)

One thing you have to do is seed the new filter with old filter media to make sure they both run biologically and efficiently.

If both filters are running then there's no need to seed the new one- bacteria will colonize it over time. As long as the old filter still has the old media in it.

If both filters are running then there's no need to seed the new one- bacteria will colonize it over time. As long as the old filter still has the old media in it.
Seeding is a way to accelerate the process. If he wants a quicker and larger biological filtration, seeding will make it faster and easier.

If the original filter already has established media, there really isn't a need to speed up the process. It'll happen on it's own regardless. Either way the filtration has increased. :)

No I took apart the old one because I thought it was broken. But it was just the water level:/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom