2 fish dead in 2 days!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anthonygaliazzo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I came home from work 2 days ago and didnt see one of my clowns. Started searching and found it dryed up on the ground. He went carpetsurfing. Yesterday, i was only seeing 1 of my 2 green chromis. Started searching everywhere and finally found it hiding under a rock in my chromises cave but i didnt see him come out once in the evening. When i just came back from work today. I found 1 of my green chromis dead on the sandbed under a rock half eaten by my fire shrimp. So here are my questions. Are chromis usually hardy? I had them for 5 months and always did good. My params are all good every coral if opening greatly. Should i bring back the remaining chromis if i dont plan on buying an other one? I am left with a female clown, should i purchase a new clown and hope they mate or my chances are greater by adding 2 new clowns? Should i take it out of leave the cuc have a good meal? Here's a picImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399063412.825532.jpg

If you get another clown, I read somewhere back, reacclimate the clown that is in there. And chromis are a dime a dozen IME and IMO.

I think Chromis are hit and miss. I've known people that kept small schools of them and had no issues and know just as many that had them die off , one by one, until one was left. I just got seven about a month ago and I'm down to one. The largest of the batch. That is in a holding tank that has had a Rabbitfish and a Leopard wrasse doing fine for a while, so it's not the tank. All but two seemed healthy from the start.

Good to know i noticed that its the less nice chromis that died. When i got him, he had pale/broken scale on the side and his dorsal spine was a bit chipped off. Anyways good to know think il just returne the other and let placenfor nicer fish

Just came back home and found my remaining clown dried up on the ground. I guess he just commited suicide because he couldnt live without his soulmate... Ahaha. I guess this solves the problem of buying a different clown. Il just buy 2 new ones. Still very strange that 2 clowns went carpet surfing within 4 days...

Back
Top Bottom