2 inches of sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdubrow

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have my 75 gallon FO tank cycleing right now. I used 80 pounds of Caribsea fiji pink sand so it gives me about 2 inches of sand. A tad bit more in a few places. Is this too much sand?

Ive never had a problem with this much sand in my freshwater tanks but this is my first saltwater and I just want to make sure.

You're good with 2 inches. Pretty fine stuff. On one of my tanks I still have drifting.. Really burns my butt too.

Depends on the kind of fish,like fish that burrow e.g.:jawfish.But other than that I think your fine with gravel cleanings each week or something that should be good.

Don't use a gravel cleaner on fine sand. If your crew can't get it all, lightly stir the sand and siphon from a few inches above. Or else in pretty short order you'll have no sand left.

Im used to doing weekly water changes and siphoning the sand with my africans right now so I figured I'd do the same with the saltwater tank.

Back
Top Bottom