2 new betta tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smomus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last night I went hunting for a betta tank for my current betta to get him out of my community tank and see if we can get his fins to grow more. In the process, I saw the most beautiful betta! He was tucked way in the back of the little cupped betta stock. Had to have him! knew he wouldn't work in my current aquarium so had to buy him a home too...

View attachment 87335

He is still shy but this morning he was more out in the open. So in the process of all this I ended up with 2 new tanks and a new betta.

View attachment 87338

The first one with 'Prince' is now in my room. Nice 3g half moon tank that I want to add either a dwarf frog or a mystery snail to. The second one with 'Louise' is in my daughters room. A little 1g that we might add a mystery snail to.

LyndaB said:
nice setups, how'd you cycle those tanks that quickly?

Doing a fish in cycle. Yes I know it's risky and lots if water changes lol. I also took filter media from another tank to put in these and used water from there to get it started.

I guess I've got my daughter in to it now too. As soon as we walked in the door "mom I gotta check Louise's water!" At least with a gallon tank she can pretty much do everything by herself.
Ammo .25
Trites 0
Trates 30
Now to test the other one and change water in both :)
Second tank
Ammo .25
Trites 0
Trates 40

Day 3
Gallon tank:
.25 ammo
0 nitrite
5 nitrate

3 gallon tank:
.25 ammo
0 nitrite
5 nitrate

Is it normal my nitrates are lower today? It is cuz of the daily water changes, right?

Day 5
The 3g tanks nitrites jumped to .25
Ammo was for once 0
Nitrates 10

1g Ammo went up to .5
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20

Did 50% wc in both

Back
Top Bottom