20 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCB1000

Aquarium Advice Regular
would this stocking work no fish yet still cycling I have a feeling this might be overstocked I have gravel now but will switch to sand after cycling

6 neons
6 harlequin rasboras
6 cory cats
1 DG

any advice would help please leave suggestions too :fish2:

Actually I would say that is fine. You could probably fill your schools alittle more even.

Actually I would say that is fine. You could probably fill your schools alittle more even.
Thanks I'm glad this is doable what do you think I can do 7 per school?

You honestly to me are stocked. You can make each school 8 just because of their swimming locations. You have bottom (cories) middle (tetras and rasboros) and top gourami

it's high... what's the difference don't they have they have the same amount of space?

They do have the same ammount of space but one is longer. The long is better because you have a bigger tank foot print for fish to swim. Fish dont normally swim up and down. They go side to side

They do have the same ammount of space but one is longer. The long is better because you have a bigger tank foot print for fish to swim. Fish dont normally swim up and down. They go side to side
okay thanks so i'll keep my schools at 8 ... thanks everyone for the help

If you watch the water params (or especially if you have live plants) then I would say 8 per school would work. All of those fish are small. You got room.

well I'll keep them at 6 that was what originally thought was overstocked so if this will work I will keep it like that :) :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom