20 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Patrick_Fish said:
Or could I do 3 goldfish?

Goldfish are pretty messy and have a higher bioload. I think you could do 2 of the fancy goldfish, but not the feeder ones. They are comet goldfish and get up to 14 inches in length.

Bearchumjs said:
Goldfish are pretty messy and have a higher bioload. I think you could do 2 of the fancy goldfish, but not the feeder ones. They are comet goldfish and get up to 14 inches in length.

I was going to put a black moor and a oranda goldfish? Is that ok?

20 is the recommended size for one fancy goldfish. They need 200 gallons per hour filtration for it & you need to be careful with decorations with certain types.

If you like this idea, I love mine. They are very personable.

I am thinking of other ideas... :)

Bearchumjs said:

Could I put three cichlids together?

CoryFan said:
20 is the recommended size for one fancy goldfish. They need 200 gallons per hour filtration for it & you need to be careful with decorations with certain types.

If you like this idea, I love mine. They are very personable.

I am thinking of other ideas... :)

Could I put some cichlids together?

Yes, you could do a pair of kribensis. They are middle-to-bottom swimmers and are beautiful.
OR
You could also get the shell-dwelling cichlids. They are small! You could have several.

CoryFan said:
Yes, you could do a pair of kribensis. They are middle-to-bottom swimmers and are beautiful.
OR
You could also get the shell-dwelling cichlids. They are small! You could have several.

Do they sell those at petsmart?

Patrick_Fish said:
Could I put two? If not what could I do what is cheap and looks cool?

There are small tetra that you could do a school of. For example, 5-6 bloodfin tetra.

Ember tetra, Mosquito Rasbora...

CoryFan said:
There are small tetra that you could do a school of. For example, 5-6 bloodfin tetra.

Ember tetra, Mosquito Rasbora...

Do they sell those cichlids at petsmart or petco?

OP, no they do not sell these type speciality fish at Pet Smart or Co. The OP needs suggestions for fish he can purchase at Pet Smart or PetCo. 2 platy's, 2 swords, 6 neons, 1 dwarf blue gourami, and 4 Panda or Julii Cory's will work fine. I have a couple 20g tanks and this is not over stocked. You said you already had the 2 platy's and swords so you have to work with what you already have. Go to the Pet Smart and PetCo, see what they have, make a list of what you like, come home and research each fish. Look at adult size, minimum size tank needed, are they good communtiy fish not aggressive. Then make an educated decision of what you would like. Ask for stocking levels after you pick the fish you like/want. But don't do fancy goldfish. One needs a 20g by itself, they get very large, and need very good filtration, and large weekly WC's. I have 8 6+ inch fancy goldfish and their tank care is very demanding.

Rivercats said:
OP, no they do not sell these type speciality fish at Pet Smart or Co. The OP needs suggestions for fish he can purchase at Pet Smart or PetCo. 2 platy's, 2 swords, 6 neons, 1 dwarf blue gourami, and 4 Panda or Julii Cory's will work fine. I have a couple 20g tanks and this is not over stocked. You said you already had the 2 platy's and swords so you have to work with what you already have. Go to the Pet Smart and PetCo, see what they have, make a list of what you like, come home and research each fish. Look at adult size, minimum size tank needed, are they good communtiy fish not aggressive. Then make an educated decision of what you would like. Ask for stocking levels after you pick the fish you like/want. But don't do fancy goldfish. One needs a 20g by itself, they get very large, and need very good filtration, and large weekly WC's. I have 8 6+ inch fancy goldfish and their tank care is very demanding.

Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom