20 long project underway-many pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10Gallon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Last night I filled it up with water! My custom plumbing for the AC50 intake was good. It took a little longer than normal to prime, but no problems. You can see the floating junk go from the right side to left, so sideways flow is good. I rinsed the sand, but the water was still extremely cloudy. So I put a piece of filter floss over the pre filter sponge so it wouldn't get that stuff on the permanent media. 15 hours later the floss was gray, so I changed it. The stand was a metal open stand from Petco. I wrapped it in plywood and corner molding-looks much better. There's custom electrical work. The switches control certain outlets and the internal light I put in. I plan on doing a video of the work I did to the stand(and posting the Youtube link here).

2ajp6Nr.jpg

CLLb8UV.jpg

0CVYQYw.jpg

JrBtqam.jpg

rbTrcdW.jpg

The Finnex heater controller I got on Ebay came in 2 days ago. I have an Aqueon 100 watt heater for it. In the next day or 2 I'll put some bio media from the 10 gallon in the filter and put some Dr TIm's Aquatics ammonium chloride in to start the fishless cycle.

NtwSP13.jpg

I've got a feeling this is going to be the best tank I've ever done! Future plans include live plants(I've got fake plants for now), Finnex 24/7 light, Amano Shrimp for bottom dwellers, and probably Dwarf Neon Rainbows for the main species(unless I change my mind).

What size of connectors, tubing, and elbow did you use? I am thinking about connecting an AC50 to an HMF (Hamburg Matten Filter) on my shrimp tank.

Looks like a great start, and I love the mod you did to the AC50 intake. If self-primed okay, even over that distance?

The first time I primed it it took about 90 seconds to prime. But tonight I drained about 8 gallons, and filled the tank back up. Then primed the filter and it primed within 20 seconds.

What size of connectors, tubing, and elbow did you use? I am thinking about connecting an AC50 to an HMF (Hamburg Matten Filter) on my shrimp tank.

I used blue 5/8" PEX-b pipe, 5/8 barbed elbows, and 5/8 ID clear flexible tubing.

Just put some Dr Tim's Aquatics ammonium Chloride and got the ammonia 1-2ppm. Then I put some bio media from the 10 gallon's filter in the Aquaclear 50. I'm hoping it won't take long to get it cycled.

Just put some Dr Tim's Aquatics ammonium Chloride and got the ammonia 1-2ppm. Then I put some bio media from the 10 gallon's filter in the Aquaclear 50. I'm hoping it won't take long to get it cycled.

Maybe 1 week; 2 tops to complete the cycle

Back
Top Bottom