20g Betta friend ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here pretty soon my gold lab will be to big for my planted 20g and I have noticed my wife eyeballing the bettas in the pet stores so I'm going to get her one. Well I'm wandering what can be happy with a Betta I would lime to do a single male and a few females if possible if not what would look good with a male in this tank. It will have many more plants in it by the time its ready for the betta. And I think she has been liking a dark purple ish one specifically. We would like a colorful schooling fish single or multiple species but that wouldn't draw too much attention from the betta.

ForumRunner_20130408_042046.jpg

I have a 20 g tank and a 10. I bought a betta and put him in the ten. There were 4 tetra, two cory and an oto. He was in there for four weeks and then he turned. He killed all the fish in just two days. I tried to rescue them, but it was too late. IMO putting anything in with betta is a maybe. Males and females will fight, and all females sometimes don't get along. There is away to get the females to be in a sorority, (all females) but it has something of all being brought out together. Maybe getting tank of her own and she can have a betta in it hassle free! Your tank is beautiful. Neon tetra or cardinal tetra (same coloring) would look great in there! They have the blue and red color! Again, IMO I wouldn't trust a betta at all, not at the expense of losing other fish.

Oh. I'm sorry for your loss I have heard of people on here having success with bettas in a community tank though.

It depends on the betta, but you want to add him last. Neon tetras, cory cats, cardinal tetras, harlequin rasboras, and otos are all good tank mates.

I tried putting my betta in my 10g community tank and he was trying to get at the other fish before I even let him out of the bag. I know other people have had success, and I am not saying its a bad idea, but I don't think I would try that again. I would just get some snails or shrimp or something.

Back
Top Bottom