20L Rescape for Rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustOneMore20

Algae Fighter
My 20L has been home to just some Red Cherry Shrimp for awhile. Their numbers have really thinned out lately :( so I decided to add some fish to the tank. I was going to move them, but there aren't that many so maybe they can hide enough to not get eaten.

Anywho...I wanted to rescape the tank and had a vision of what I wanted. I think I pretty much created the picture that was in my head. I'll see when it grows in.

Pics...the best part! This was after the water change that was right after the redo, so it was still a little cloudy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nursek85/5662026272/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nursek85/5661461843/
I'm hoping when the plants fill in more it will hide the rocks a little so they don't jump out at you so much.

Plant list:
Crypts (wendtii, willisii, florida sunset)
Blyxa japonica (still recovering from shipping)
Rotala wallichi
Didiplis diandra
Lilaeopsis brasiliensis (microsword)
Anubias nana and petite

I'm planning to add some Glosso eventually to the foreground and maybe a couple other stems to the back.

Future fish list:
8-10 Threadfin Rainbows
Small Corydoras (undecided on species)
Otos
Possible some type of tiny non-nippy fish.

I'll update pics soon.

Looks like a great start! I would love to do a threadfin rainbow tank but I can't find any LFS that can get them and I can't stomach the idea of buying online and paying for $30 for shipping.

Can you get a closeup of the florida sunset crypt?

New Pic (its a little crooked...I was in a hurry):

Everything seems to be growing. I added some Bacopa sp. 'japan' to the back right. It looked kinda sad when it got to me, but hopefully it will recover. The Didiplis is a nice green color. I hoped it would be pinkish, but maybe eventually. I've been better at dosing and will be replacing the bulbs soon. I will get some Glosso or something to go in the foreground eventually...and then will eventually get fish. Sadly I killed my RCS with co2. I had trouble adjusting the level and ended up adjusting it too high and didn't realize it until it was too late. I still have some Assassin snails holding down the place though.

Back
Top Bottom