29 gallon betta sorority

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have decided to try and start a betta sorority in my planted 29 gallon. Current stock is a school of 21 micro tetras (ruby, green neon, and gold) also an active breeding community of ghost shrimp probably about 20-25 (started with 5), 2 nerite snails, and a dwarf orange crayfish. I have kept a pair of gbrs in there as center piece fish before but I wanted something a little easier with longer lifespan. Thus I came to the betta sorority idea. Question is how many to avoid aggression issues. Tank is about 50-65% planted.

5 or 6 is a good start. It's also easier if they are sisters from the same spawn. Adding them
all at once helps with territorial issues. I wouldn't exactly call a betta sorority easy though.

Hey if you do it and it works post and update. I'd like to hear if it works especially with all the little fish.

I picked up 3 last night, all very beautiful. Will post pics after work but so far so good the little tetras are fast enough to get away and they really stay active now rather than all hanging out in the most heavily planted area. I saw one of the bettas have a stand off with the dwarf orange cray but the cray quickly ended it with a lunge, neither were injured. Im keeping an eye out for aggresion to see if I need to add one or two more though.

Back
Top Bottom