29g biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
tell me what ya think love this little thing

Attachments

• 154927425_photobucket_4032_.jpg
    154927425_photobucket_4032_.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 391
  • 154927425_photobucket_4042_.jpg
    154927425_photobucket_4042_.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 154927425_photobucket_4043_.jpg
    154927425_photobucket_4043_.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 154927425_photobucket_4046_.jpg
    154927425_photobucket_4046_.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 414
update got a clam leds and auto top off

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 399
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 372
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 364
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 355
Do you have stock lighting on that tank?

If you do, the clam will not make it long term.

That clam needs at least 150 watt's to have a chance.

Any cyano issues? Just got my 29 cube running 2 months now. I'm an aquarium nube. I have issues with cyano right now and notice a lot of lingering feces from my inhabitants including 2 trochus snails, 2 damsels, and 1 peppermint shrimp. Fuge running for 3 weeks now with cheda and copepods. I'm thinking i don't have enough good bacteria to eat up the "junk" but my tests show 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates. Not sure what's feeding the cyano. Wondering if it's a water flow issue or part of my tanks immaturity. Any help is appreciated!

P.s forgot about my 4 blue leg hermits and my richordia and green star polyp frags. Green star polyp won't open since the cyano outbreak but richordia is flourishing.

Any cyano issues? Just got my 29 cube running 2 months now. I'm an aquarium nube. I have issues with cyano right now and notice a lot of lingering feces from my inhabitants including 2 trochus snails, 2 damsels, and 1 peppermint shrimp. Fuge running for 3 weeks now with cheda and copepods. I'm thinking i don't have enough good bacteria to eat up the "junk" but my tests show 0 nitrates and 0 phosphates. Not sure what's feeding the cyano. Wondering if it's a water flow issue or part of my tanks immaturity. Any help is appreciated!
damsels are too big and active fior a 29

Cyano only grows in areas of low flow in my tank, meaning the sand near the back of the tank under my rock overhang. Nutrient control will get rid of it over a long amount of time. Even with 0 nitrates and phosphates the stuff tends to hang on for quite some time. Just keep running chaeto and increase flow if possible. It will go away eventually.

Also, when you clean the stuff off the sandbed only disturb the surface or you will release more nitrates/ammonia into the water.

I've just done my second 48 hour dose of chemi clean "red slime remover" will do a water change tomorrow and I'll look into a bigger powerhead. What is your recommendation for a size? It really doesn't seem like I have enough flow. I also read that green star polyps like high water flow so I know I don't have quite enough. Also getting rid of Abby and spike (the damsels) and Gonna have to get a "nemo" at the same time so it's not so hard on my 3 year old. I know- rule #1- never name the fish(especially damsels)but it's kinda hard when you have a 3 year old! Also, my mag level was 1100 in last test this past Saturday and it was recommended to dose 20ml. 4x this week and see if I can get it up to 1500 by Saturday. Again, any help or tips are greatly appreciated! Will get some pics uploaded tomorrow.

I'm liking it. But what happened to the tongue coral? Was that a trade for the claim?

I am using a maxi-jet 1200 in the sump and a Koralia 1 which is enough flow. But my tank is smaller.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom