29g bowfront mangrove for my saltwater green spotted puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
My husband is on his way to pick me up a 29g bowfront bioCube and I'm hoping to condense my 4 inch green spotted puffers 40g and my 10g nano reef into one in planning out this tank. I will be breaking down my 10g to seed, going to be using only using enough of my dsb to cover a half inch to an inch on the bottom and I have approximately 50-60lbs of live rock and a peppermint shrimp, with an additional 100lbs of live rock from slowly breaking down one tank and cycling the other to acclimate my puffer slowly, I'm pretty sure that with the rock, sand, filter media and lighting I have available to me that this will take me less than the 10 months it has taken me to get both tanks to be within the same parameters for 2 weeks- thank you to all who helped me with my really dumb noob questions. I am using chemipure and with cutting back on my water changes I finally got past the whatever was messing with my trAtes, phos, and calcium.

That being said, I would really love to go mangrove for this bioCube for my green spotted. I have juggled both sides, and have decided that I shouldn't be worried because I can always rebuild my 2 tier shelf into a 40g feature with a 10g coral refugium and keep the 29g for my stargazer ;)

I'm looking for any input anybody may have on this idea or any suggestions for what to do, sorry, Droids are funky.

You should be ok with the transfer. However, you might want to consider minimum tank size for the puffer. Additionally, because you are disrupting an established sandbed, you might want to expect a small minicycle and have plenty of premixed water to do multiple water changes on hand.

You should be ok with the transfer. However, you might want to consider minimum tank size for the puffer. Additionally, because you are disrupting an established sandbed, you might want to expect a small minicycle and have plenty of premixed water to do multiple water changes on hand.

I am taking everything into consideration, especially minimum tank size- I'm going to just barely be putting sand at the bottom and had planned on cycling and balancing, fully expecting the transfer to take 2 weeks at least. I think this consolidation should be ok while I rebuild his 40g with stand and attach the 10g as an attached refugium and break down and get a skimmer and go all out- probably take me another 10 months to finish balancing that, lol, but then at least I can have my established nano to either try my hand at corals (lighting included is coralife 10000K X2 coralife sparkling white actinic (? reading this off the ad on craigslist) and 3 moonlight blue LEDs) or go for a mangrove biotope, or an oddball species only feature tank, I'm taking suggestions...

Also at this point in time he looks really overwhelmed by his tank size and only comes out of hiding when I'm around.

Back
Top Bottom