3 gallon QT sufficient enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
Went out to get extra bucket for the big upgrade, and stumbled on a deal I could resist. A 3 gallon kit for 9$, I snagged it while it was there before someone else did. I just want to know if it will work for the following fish as a QT? I ask here because I know y'all will be upfront and not try to sell me on anything. It is from Wally World so I can return anytime! And will if it wont work. I plan to QT for 2-3 weeks when i get new fish.

-dwarf rasboras. I plan on getting 8-10 total and will divide it up

-honey gourami. 3 total but will also divide them up (male, 2 girls together).

-juvenile Khulis 4 at a time, to add to my 4.

I suppose it could work. Just make sure you're well cycled since things can go wrong much faster in a small tank. Also, even though its temp housing, be careful about over crowding.

Hmmm it's weird when I plug in the dimensions onto aqadvisor, it puts it at a 5gallon. The tank is more long than tall. I suppose I will just see what happens? It will only be for 2 weeks or so at a time. I plan on putting in a decoration for hiding (easy to clean) and some of my anachris to float, as my main tank has SO MUCH and i wouldnt mind chucking it if need be. If I see they are stressed from the size and zipping around bumping into walls, I will definitely go out and buy a bigger tank. Hope this will work though! Looks a lot more comfy than the crowded tanks in the stores.

Back
Top Bottom