3 questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1! ok so my mom put a opline gouramiein a 29 gall and it killed all its community tank buds mom did not know at the time they are cold blooded murders but what can i put in with her:banghead::hide:

2? can this go in 75 gall with no problameo
2 cherry shrimp
2amono shrimp?
3 grass shrimp and glass shrimp
3 angelfish
2 albino cory
4 panda cory
2 pepper cory
5 harliquin rasboras
1or 2 kribs
5 cherry barb
1 dwarf flame gouramie
4 black kuliuh loaches
8 black neon tetras
and 2 foxface aka simise aldge eater :D
and a oto
freshwater clam pair

and 3 what can you put in with a mild male betta :huh:

id like to know soon i still need to do a bit of resherch

he Gourami have weird personalities, sometimes crazy mean and sometimes mild and sweet. It just depends on the individual.

I think most of the stocking sounds alright EXCEPT

maybe it is just me but I don't think Kribs
I don't know about the Barbs, I am not as familiar, though I think they can be nippy

Maybe a semi aggressive tank for those.

The Angel will eat the shrimp most likely. I wouldn't bother with them unless you wanted them in their own tank, not RCS together with glass or grass shrimp, they should be separate.

Foxface and Siamese Algae Eaters are different fish.

Clams need to be watched everyday, and they need a mature AND stable tank.

I hope you aren't thinking of getting all these in the tank at the same time.

As for what to put in a Betta tank...it totally depends on the Betta's personality. It depends on how he feels about other tank mates, pretty individual ime. Ramshorn snails, more for that topic later.

what is a rcs and any expirince with the loach iv never had 1 before so new experince and i might put the shrimp in a betta tank

he Gourami have weird personalities, sometimes crazy mean and sometimes mild and sweet. It just depends on the individual.

I think most of the stocking sounds alright EXCEPT

maybe it is just me but I don't think Kribs
I don't know about the Barbs, I am not as familiar, though I think they can be nippy

Maybe a semi aggressive tank for those.

The Angel will eat the shrimp most likely. I wouldn't bother with them unless you wanted them in their own tank, not RCS together with glass or grass shrimp, they should be separate.

Foxface and Siamese Algae Eaters are different fish.

Clams need to be watched everyday, and they need a mature AND stable tank.

I hope you aren't thinking of getting all these in the tank at the same time.

As for what to put in a Betta tank...it totally depends on the Betta's personality. It depends on how he feels about other tank mates, pretty individual ime. Ramshorn snails, more for that topic later.

you on?

for just a minute, I am on.

So RCS is Red Cherry Shrimp.

I recommend the Siamese Algae Eater. You have to learn the difference before you buy because they look similar and are often sold under a different/ wrong name.

Missed the Loach part.

Kuhli loaches are great. They can get into any tiny hole. I had one get stuck in a fake tree decoration for a few months, I had to make the hole in the bottom bigger to get him out and then got rid of it.

If you have Black sand, you will have Black fish and maybe look into Banded Kuhli loach, they are my favorite, but the Black ones are cool too, and yes it is good to have a little bunch so they can hang out together!!

Live plants, research low light plants.

Betta might eat the shrimp sometimes they don't care and are fine and then you wake up and they are bitten or gone. Most people try Glass/Grass/Ghost shrimp since they are sold for cheap.

kk might get a small shrimp tank then lol any idia on the gouramie he killed all the peacefull fish in it athou the swordtail lived cuz that sword tail was a meal little heffer once it had to share a tank with moms big goldie tell the tank got fixed did not turn out to well

Back
Top Bottom