30 long update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonrider420

Aquarium Advice Regular
My tank was about 8-9 years and the silicon was beginning to detach. It was time to get a new tank so I went from a 29 tall to a 30 long. I love how it looks. I'm still playing around with it. I am running 2 current led plus, added 2 led lights off of amazon. My filter system is a whisper 45. In the future I will be adding a Co2 unit. Here is a before and after picture. IMG_1157.jpgIMG_1296.jpg

I like the look of the longer one too! Did you simply move all your media, some water etc to start up? I am looking to do that on a tank I just bought but not sure if that would be ok.

What did is drain water into buckets, put the fish in the buckets and moved my filter onto the new tank. I also used to the same gravel, so it was a simple transfer.

Thanks so much, I think I will try it then. It seemed to make sense that it would be ok but sometimes things are not what they seem!

What I did was full up the tank and let sit just to make sure there are no cracks/ make sure it can hold water.

Back
Top Bottom