35g new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malupoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,

Received my new tank today and have cleaned it.
Main problem is I won't have the stand till the next year.
So here is the beginning of it.

Will fill it tomorrow and start the fish less cycle.

Planned stock at the moment is.

10 glo light tetras
6 panda Cory's
1 albino bristle nose
2x apistogramma of some sorts.

I asked my lfs about cockatoo cichlids but he said can take months to find a good pair as he said there is lots of overly inbred fry around.

Glo lights may be changed as I have kept them before so maybe something new

Yeah will be planted. Maybe not at first. Can't afford the lighting right now with Xmas, nye, wife's birthday etc etc :(

Funny, my hubby just had a birthday but he wanted something expensive so I parlayed that into me getting a new LED. Agonized over Fluval over Current. Any thoughts??? What do you plan to get for lights?

My lfs had a new display with about 30 harlies today. Seriously considering them now. Looked amazing how they school and zip around at high speeds

As far as lighting, I haven't looked too much into it yet. But will look at my options very soon :)

Yeah they're cool, i have 9 in my 15g (which i think is overstocked as it has other fish too). But i'm setting up a 55g so wont be a problem soon.

Thinking about changing my stocking plan.
Look at something like this.

15x harlequin rasbora
8x celestial pearl danio
6x panda cory
1x albino bristlenose
1x betta

Main reason why I thought of changing is my betta keeps jumping into the filter compartment in his current tank. It's starting to annoy me fishing him out of there, has 4 times in 2 days now.
Now do you think I could fit one of these in there it's soooo pretty.

http://www.secondnatureaquariums.co...1/l066-scribbled-tiger-pleco-35cm-p-3018.html

Finally some progress.

Added 2 bags of Eco complete. Making a right mess yay!

Currently trying to weigh down my drift wood you can see floating around. Wood has already had its leaching session but I pulled out of water for a while when I wasn't sure this tank was going ahead. So now wood is buoyant again boo!

Cycle has begun and is moving in typical slow fashion. Just awaiting some biomedia from a friend to hopefully push this long quicker

Photo update tomorrow. Will have some work on the tank done. It's nearing the add fish phase.... Getting excited.

For now here is my stock list for people to look over and comment on. Both bristlenoses I have now and one will be rehoused in another tank when they grow a bit bigger, for now it looks like I'm pretty much fully stocked!

Did a little bit of planting today. Still got some crypts to arrive tomorrow

Added some fish today. Got 2x dwarf rainbow fish. I asked the store to hold 6 but someone sold them :(
And my long fin albino got moved across to his new home
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390191494.139277.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390191524.142078.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Back
Top Bottom