36 gallon bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFanaticSyd

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently acquired a 36 bowfront from a friend who is downsizing. I jumpstarted the cycle and now have a kribensis male in there. I am going to wait a couple of weeks before adding any other fish to let the tank mature. (I had to switch out two tanks as I have no space left in my fish room for the tank, that's why the krib is in there.) What are your suggestions for fish? I looked on AqAdvisor and what I would like to try is my one krib, a school of five glass catifsh and ten neon tetras. Do you guys see any potential problems with that setup?

No not really get a female Kribs and buy a one in and one out hole so they could breed. Glass catfish aren't bad but could get killed or chased by the Kribs when spawning or anytime.

"Been a fish owner since I was born."

I have considered that before, but I really don't want to risk injured fish and I have no place to put all the fry. Appreciate the suggestion but I really don't think it would work in my tanks. Is there anything in particular I should know about glass catfish? I have never kept them before.

Not a lot about glass catfish except you might never see them. I had a school at one point and they were generally pretty shy and honestly pretty hard to see. I did enjoy having them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I kept glass catfish for year's and loved them! Such gentle fish. They love a strong flow which they all like to sit in. Floating plant's were a favourite for them and live plant's. Mine use to be out and about all the time, my biggest was 5 inches. Definitely get a few so they feel confident but watch other fish don't bully them as they're so sensitive.
Also don't use med in your tank as this will kill them.

70 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras , red longfin bristlenose, bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.
7 gallon halfmoon betta and red ramshorn.

Back
Top Bottom