36 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Megg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I posted awhile back about stocking, and finally have my fish moved and am ready to add more fish. I have a 36 gallon bow front (I think it's 30"x15") with 4 serpaes, 7 neons, and 4 platies. I'm planning to add more serpaes and a clown pleco, rubber lip pleco, or kuhli loaches. What kind of fish would be compatible as a centerpiece?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

May I suggest adding 2 Serape Tetra, maybe 3 Neon Tetra, a platy, 3 Boesemani Rainbowfish, and 2 or 1 Pitbull Plecos (dependent on your algae bloom/detritus buildup levels).
-Finnster :fish2:

May I suggest adding 2 Serape Tetra, maybe 3 Neon Tetra, a platy, 3 Boesemani Rainbowfish, and 2 or 1 Pitbull Plecos (dependent on your algae bloom/detritus buildup levels).
-Finnster :fish2:
I'm planning to add 3 more serpaes for sure, and will probably also add a few more neons. I've been told that boesemani rainbows need to be in a 55 gallon minimum also. Is this untrue?
Also, I'm mostly looking for a larger fish for a centerpiece.. maybe a gourami or angel? I'm concerned the serpaes will nip at them, but I've heard they might not if they're in a large enough group.

I'm planning to add 3 more serpaes for sure, and will probably also add a few more neons. I've been told that boesemani rainbows need to be in a 55 gallon minimum also. Is this untrue?
Also, I'm mostly looking for a larger fish for a centerpiece.. maybe a gourami or angel? I'm concerned the serpaes will nip at them, but I've heard they might not if they're in a large enough group.

I've read mostly 30 gallons and up for the Boesemani. And I'd be more worried about the Gourami (if not a dwarf) or the angel to nip at the Serpae. If you have solid water parameters maybe some Rams for the centerpiece.

Pearl gouramis are nice

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Would it matter if they were German blue rams or Bolivian? (Those are the 2 I hear about a lot)

Blue Rams

I've got a German Blue Ram in my 29.lwith a dwarf gourami, 3 buenos tetras and 5 head and tailight tetras
The ram is peaceful and beautiful.

This thread is a few months old so this is no longer an issue. Thanks for the response, though.

Back
Top Bottom