37 Gallon stocking questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquali

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So for a graduation present I'll be getting a new aquarium right now I have a 30L Biorb I got before going into high school, the first fish I got were two guppies (but they ended up dying after getting them, I had acclimated them first to the aquarium but I didn't know about cycling then) after they died I got some danios (once again not knowing space requirements for these guys or my algae eater) so now I'll be getting a bigger tank.
It'll be a 37 gallon tank that's 30"w x 12"D x 22"H
However I don't know much about stocking and have been doing some research on compatible species, here are some of my ideas

Option #1
5-10 Zebra Danio (depends on the amount of fry I have survive)
1 Dwarf Gourami
5 Kuhli Loaches

Option #2
5-10 Zebra Danio
5 Ghost Catfish
5-7 Tetras or Swordtails

Also what is the best way to find a new home for a fish that you know will outgrow it's aquarium.

Bring the fish to our local fish store. Sometimes you can even get store credit!

I have a 37gal myself and I love my angelfish so if you can I would try to squeeze one into your tank

I have never had Kuhli Loaches, but I have 4 cory cats and they are awesome and very active

Either option would work. I am not big on keeping active nuts like danios with sedate fish like gouramis but others have done it successfully.

If my danios would be a problem for the gourami I'll probably go for the tetra one or perhaps any other suggestions I get, my only worry with angelfish is that they might eat the smaller danio or is that not a problem with angelfish and danio's or kuhli loaches?

Back
Top Bottom